How to Do A Lawnjob

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Better Brake or Else

How important are good brakes? The brake system on a car is often the most overlooked performance upgrade. I find this odd considering how important it is to be able to stop. Everybody thinks about how fast they can go from 0 to 60. They also need to worry about how fast they can go from 60 to 0. A good set of dual caliper 15 inch brakes will make all the difference. So before you pull out that tired 302 and replace it with a 343 stroker get rid of those drum brakes.

4 comments:

Deb said...

The emergency breaks do wonders! :)

Anonymous said...

My friends gave me flac for putting drilled and slotted roters with ceramic brakes on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. But I have avoided a few accidents, and avoided some bad situations because I could stop on a dime.

Anonymous said...

My car has suspension and brake upgrades, and I haven't bought a single horsepower upgrade. Made sure it will handle the power first before I put the power in it. Have a 2000 Mustang V6 Convertable with: 1" lowering springs, Ford Racing shocks, Steeda Tower Brace, and subframe conectors. Next things to add are a GT sway Bar, Drilded & Slotted rotors. Then I will do some engine work. I cn already smoke other moded cars, because my car handles better, they might have more power, but I can turn and make manuvers much faster than they can.

Dylan Younger said...

Good point a car that can out handle another outperforms another